1. X. Chen, H. Zhang, M. A. Maria-Solano, W. Liu, J. Li, J. Feng, X. Liu, S. Osuna, R.-T. Guo, Q. Wu, D. Zhu, Y. Ma, “Efficient Reductive Desymmetrization of Bulky Prochiral 1,3-Cyclodiketone Enabled by Structure-Guided Directed Evolution of a Carbonyl Reductase”, Nature Catalysis, 2019, doi: 10.1038/s41929-019-0347-y.
2. N. Liu, J. Feng, R. Zhang, X. Chen, X. Li, P. Yao, Q. Wu, Y. Ma, D. Zhu, “Efficient Microbial Synthesis of Key Steroidal Intermediates from Bio-Renewable Phytosterols by Genetically Modified Mycobacterium fortuitum Strains”, Green Chemistry, 2019, 21, 4076–4083. https://doi.org/10.1039/c9gc01267b.
3. Q. Chen, X. Chen, J. Feng, Q. Wu, D. Zhu, Y. Ma “Improving and inverting Cb-stereoselectivity of threonine aldolase via substrate-binding-guided mutagenesis and a stepwise visual screening”, ACS Catalysis, 2019, 9, 4462-4469. https://doi.org/10.1021/acscatal.9b00859.
4. S. Yu, P. Yao, J. Li, J. Feng, Q. Wu, D. Zhu, “Improving catalytic efficiency and stereoselectivity of a nitrilase from Syechocystis sp. PCC6803 by semi-rational engineering en route to chiral g-amino acids”, Catalysis Science and Technology, 2019, 9, 1504-1510. https://doi.org/10.1039/C8CY02455C (selected as Hot Article).
5. P. Yao, Z. Xu, S. Yu, Q. Wu, D. Zhu, “Imine Reductase-Catalyzed Enantioselective Reduction of Bulky α, β-Unsaturated Imines en Route to a Pharmaceutically Important Morphinan Skeleton”, Advanced Synthesis and Catalysis, 2019, 361, 556-561. https://doi.org/10.1002/adsc.201801326 (selected as “Hot Topic: Biocatalysis” article).
6. W. Lu, X. Chen, Y. Wang, J. Feng, Q. Wu, D. Zhu, “A Fungal P450 from Thanatephorus cucumeris with Novel Steroid Hydroxylation Capabilities”, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 2018, 84:e00503-18. DOI: 10.1128/AEM.00503-18 (selected as Spotlight Article).
7. Y. Zhang, P. Yao, Y. Cui, Q. Wu, D. Zhu, “One-pot enzymatic synthesis of cyclic vicinal diols from aliphatic dialdehydes via intramolecular C？C bond formation and carbonyl reduction”, Advanced Synthesis and Catalysis, 2018, 360, 4191-4196. DOI: 10.1002/adsc.201800455.
8. X. Chen, H. Zhang, J. Feng, Q. Wu, D. Zhu, “Molecular basis for the high activity and enantioselectivity of carbonyl reductase from Sporobolomyces salmonicolor toward α-halo-acetophenones”, ACS Catalysis, 2018, 8, 3525-3531, DOI: 10.1021/acscatal.8b00591.
9. P. Yao, P. Cong, R. Gong, J. Li, G. Li, J. Ren, J. Feng, J. Lin, P. C. K. Lau, Q. Wu, D. Zhu, “Biocatalytic Route to Chiral 2-Substituted-1, 2, 3, 4-tetrahydroquinolines Using Cyclohexylamine Oxidase Muteins”, ACS Catalysis, 2018, 8, 1648-1652, DOI: 10.1021/acscatal.7b03552.
10. Q. Chen,X. Chen, Y. Cui, J. Ren,W. Lu, J Feng, Q. Wu, D. Zhu, “A new D-threonine aldolase as promising biocatalyst for highly stereoselective preparation of chiral aromatic β-hydroxy-α-amino acids”, Catalysis Science and Technology, 2017, 7, 5964-5973. DOI/ 10.1039/C7CY01774J.
11. G. Li, P. Yao, R. Gong, J. Li, P. Liu, R. Lonsdale, Q. Wu, J. Lin, D. Zhu, M. T. Reetz, “Simultaneous engineering of an enzyme’s entrance tunnel and active site: The case of monoamine oxidase MAO-N”, Chemical Science, 2017, 8, 4093-4099.
12. P. Yao, Y. Cui, S. Yu, Y. Du, J. Feng, Q. Wu, D. Zhu, “Efficient biosynthesis of (R)- or (S)-2-hydroxybutyrate from L-threonine through a synthetic biology approach”, Advanced Synthesis and Catalysis, 2016, 358, 2923-2928.
13. J. Ren, P. Yao, S. Yu, W. Dong, Q. Chen, J. Feng, Q. Wu, D. Zhu, “An Unprecedented Effective Enzymatic Carboxylation of Phenols”, ACS Catalysis, 2016, 5, 564-567 （X-MOL平台报道）.
14. D. Zhang, X. Chen, J. Chi, J. Feng, Q. Wu, D. Zhu, “Semi–Rational Engineering a Carbonyl Reductase to Enhance the Enzyme Activity and Enantioselectivity for the Reduction of b-Amino Ketones”, ACS Catalysis, 2015, 5, 2452-2457.
15. P. Yao, L. Wang, J. Yuan, L. Cheng, R. Jia, M. Xie, J. Feng, M. Wang, Q. Wu, D. Zhu, “Novel Biosynthesis of Ethyl (R)-3-Hydroxyglutarate through Halohydrin Dehalogenase and Nitrilase Bienzymatic Cascade”, ChemCatChem, 2015, 7, 1438-1444 （Featured in the cover）.
16. D. Zhang, X. Chen, R. Zhang, P. Yao, Q. Wu, D. Zhu, “Development of β-Amino Acid Dehydrogenase for the Synthesis of β-Amino Acids via Reductive Amination of β-Keto Acids”, ACS Catalysis, 2015, 5, 2220-2224.
17. Y. Duan, P. Yao, J. Ren, C. Han, Q. Li, J. Yuan, J. Feng, Q. Wu, D. Zhu, “Biocatalytic desymmetrization of 3-substituted glutaronitriles by nitrilases. A convenient chemoenzymatic access to optically active (S)-Pregabalin and (R)-Baclofen”, SCIENCE CHINA Chemistry, 2014, 57, 1164-1171.
18. G. Li, J. Ren, P. Yao, Y. Duan, H. Zhang, Q. Wu, J. Feng, P. C. K. Lau, D. Zhu, “Deracemization of 2-Methyl-1, 2, 3, 4-tetrahydroquinoline Using Mutant Cyclohexylamine Oxidase Obtained by Iterative Saturation Mutagenesis”, ACS Catalysis, 2014, 4, 903-908 (Featured in the cover).
19. X. Gao, X. Chen, W. Liu, J. Feng, Q. Wu, L. Hua, D. Zhu, “A Novel meso-Diaminopimelate Dehydrogenase from Symbiobacterium thermophilum. Overexpression, Characterizationand Potential for D-amino Acid Synthesis”, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 2012, 78, 8595-8600.
20. D. Zhu, Y. Yang, S. Majkowitcz, T. H.-Y. Pan, K. Kantardjieff, L. Hua, “Inverting the Enantioselectivity of a Carbonyl Reductase via Enzyme-Substrate Docking-Guided Point Mutation”, Organic Letters, 2008, 10, 525-528.
21. D. Zhu, H. Ankati, C. Mukherjee, Y. Yang, E. R. Biehl, L. Hua, “Asymmetric Reduction of b-Ketonitriles with a Recombinant Carbonyl Reductase and Enzymatic Transformation to Optically Pure b-Hydroxy Carboxylic Acids”, Organic Letters, 2007, 9, 2561-2563 (Highlighted in Synfacts 2007, 8, 0876, Organic Chemistry Portal and Identified as an “Article of Interest to the Pharmaceutical Industry” by ACS GCI Pharmaceutical Roundtable (Organic Process Research & Development, 2008, 12(5))).
22. N. S. Hosmane, D. Zhu, J. E. McDonald, H. Zhang, J. A. Maguire, T. G. Gray, S. C. Helfert, “Magnesium Alkyls As Metallating Reagents in Formation of Novel Half- and Full-Sandwich Magnesacarboranes”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1995, 117, 12362.